A truck may be classified and deemed eligible as a farm truck if used exclusively in connection with the operation of a farm, including pleasure use, andit does not operate under a permit from any commerce commission, nor haul goods for hire. Large trucks and semis used in the insured’s farming operation are eligible as well.
Farm trucks typically enjoy lower rates and broader coverages than those found under a private passenger auto policy.
Any farm trailer, not used for business purposes, may be eligible. Liability coverage for farm trailers automatically extends from the towing vehicle at no extra charge. However, farm semi-trailers, may incur a liability charge. Cargo coverage is also available. Restrictions apply.
TYPICAL COVERAGE INCLUDES:
- Bodily Injury Liability - Coverage for damages that involve bodily injury to others for which you become responsible under law.
- Property Damage Liability - Coverage for damage to property of others for which you become responsible under law.
- Medical Payments - Coverage for reasonable and necessary medical expenses and funeral services for those who are accidentally injured while in your automobile or while getting into or out of your automobile.
- Personal Injury Protection - Coverage for medical, hospital, rehabilitation, loss of wages or loss of services costs resulting from injury to you or any resident family member. In case of death to the insured or a resident family member, death benefits and survivor benefits, if applicable, will be provided.
Other coverage that may be obtained include:
- Comprehensive - Protection for the loss of or damage to your vehicle and its equipment from all causes except collision, subject to the deductible on the policy.
- Collision - Protection for the collision damage to your automobile and its equipment, subject to the policy deductible.
- Uninsured Motorist - Coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party does not have insurance, and is found legally liable.
- Underinsured Motorist - Coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party is found legally liable and does not have adequate liability limits.
- Additional Expense - Coverage for necessary additional expenses incurred as a result of a loss for which you are protected under comprehensive or collision coverage. These expenses include rental cars, food, lodging and other incidental expenses.